Bill Gray – The Landlord Doctor

Insider Advice on Collecting Tenant Debt and Screening Tenants

What Documents are Required for a Collection Agency to Attempt to Collect Past Due Rent?

Posted by Bill Gray on July 30, 2009

PaperworkMy experience has been that an agency may not take over a debt before the 31st day after move out. Different agencies require various documents. Have these documents organized and available:  Signed lease, rental application, move out statement documenting all charges, and any supporting documents such as receipts. See my other posts for more details.

For more details, see my post:   Tenant Moved Out – Left You Holding the Bag

If I can help, contact me at

Thanks for the question and good luck.
Bill Gray

Copyright 2009



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: